How Does it Work?
- Nominations are taken in the fall of each year, usually during September and October.
- All nominations go through a committee process to select 12 finalists.
- There are 3 finalists for each of the 4 categories.
- A Nominee Reception is held in February for the finalists.
- A BYA Gala is held in the Spring, where the recipients are announced, and presented with their awards.
1. When do nominations open and close?
For the 2018 Businesswoman of the Year Awards, nominations open September 8th, 2018 and close October 31, 2018
2. Are men allowed to submit a nomination?
Of course! We are looking for the very best candidates for the WBN award. Our Nominations Committees are made up from men and women in the community.
3. Do nominees have to be a WBN member?
No. We accept nominations for within AND from outside the WBN network. We want to celebrate Ottawa’s community of inspiring and successful businesswomen. All women are welcome.
4. Do I have to KNOW the person to nominate them?
You do not need to know your nominee personally. However, you need to know the following details about them in order to submit the nomination: First Name, Last name, Contact Phone and Email, Organization, and Position.
5. Can you explain the steps that happen once I nominate the person? How will they hear about it?
- Your nominee will receive an email from WBN. She will be asked to accept the nomination.
- Upon acceptance of the nomination, your nominee will immediately be sent a questionnaire requesting a summary of their achievements in the following categories: proven business acumen, outstanding leadership skills, notable achievements in her area of expertise, and community engagement.
- Your nominee will fill out the questionnaire and return via email to the WBN by a specified date.
6. I’m not exactly sure which category I should nominate the person for. What do I do?
Go ahead and select the category you think best suits the nominee. Your nominee will have the opportunity to change the category selection when she completes the next phase of the process.
7. Can I nominate more than one woman?
Yes! The more nominees the better.
The 2018 Businesswoman of the Year Awards are presented by PWL Capital Inc.
Integrated Financial Planning and Asset Management.
No fads. No guesswork. No drama.
Wealth Management can be approached in many ways. Some approaches are based on sound principles, while others rely on popular misconceptions. PWL Capital provides comprehensive financial planning and our advisors build investment portfolios based on scientific methods, thoroughly documented by academic research.
We call it Evidence Based Investing, you’ll call it the best investment decision you’ve ever made.