Entrepreneurial LeaderBYAs Eligibility Criteria
This entrepreneurial leader is defined as organizing and operating a business or group of companies, taking on financial risks. In this category, nominees must be actively involved in running the business. The business is showing strong growth or profitability with a sustainable business model.
There are three (3) categories for Entrepreneurial Leader based on the number of years in business:
1. Start-up (greater than 1 year but less than 3 years),
2. Emerging Entrepreneur (greater than 3 years but less than 7 years)
3. Established Entrepreneur (7+ years)
To be eligible for consideration for the Businesswoman of the Year, individuals must:
1. Live or work within fifty-five (55) kilometres of Ottawa Centre as the crow flies
2. Self-identify as a woman
3. Must be a founder of her business or be a significant* equity stakeholder in her business and actively involved in running the business
The criteria used to assess nominees in the Entrepreneurial Leader category are business acumen, leadership, product/service quality, corporate citizenship, bio, and overall presentation.
Nominations closed May 29, 2023.
The Businesswoman of the Year Awards selects reputable members of the Ottawa business community to assess nominees. The Selection Committee members play an important role in selecting the recipient by applying a weighted point system that ensures fairness and consistency. If you are interested in becoming a Selection Committee member, please contact us at email@example.com.
* Significant equity stakeholder is a businesswoman with a majority of the control over the business and/or the majority contributor to the business.